Exciting and Promising Ketamine Infusion Therapy is the Latest Approach for Depression and Anxiety
Our Ketamine Institute provides you and your loved one’s with the highest medical standards while delivering a customized and needs-based technique. We use certified delivery skills and protocols to ensure the safest and most efficacious outcomes in a comfortable, unconditional, and warm environment!
How does Ketamine help depression and anxiety?
Research done at Yale shows that Ketamine triggers glutamate production, which in turn prompts the brain to form new neural connections. As a result, the brain becomes more adaptable. Therefore patients more easily form new networks, encouraging more positive thoughts and behavior patterns. Experts believe that these new neural pathways help build resilience and protect against a relapse into depression.
How long does it take for Ketamine infusions to work?
Ketamine infusion therapy has ignited interest because of the rapidity of the results. Writing in the Harvard Health Blog, Dr. Robert C. Meitner notes in a recent post, “if a person responds to ketamine, it can rapidly reduce (suicidal thoughts and acts) and relieve other serious symptoms of depression, Ketamine also can be effective for treating depression combined with anxiety.”
What type of Ketamine treatment does The Burick Center offer?
Given as an infusion into the bloodstream, ketamine is sometimes referred to as intravenous, or IV, ketamine. It is approved as an anesthetic by the FDA. Today, ketamine infusion therapy is used off-label to help treatment resistant depression and generalized anxiety.
What else should you know about ketamine infusions?
- A much lower dose of ketamine is given for depression compared with the dose necessary for anesthesia.
- Ketamine has addictive properties. It’s especially important for you and your doctor to consider whether ketamine is a good option for you.
- When IV ketamine works, people usually respond to it within one to three infusions. If a person has no response at all, further infusions are unlikely to help.
- People who experience some relief from depression and or anxiety within one to three IV ketamine treatments are probably likely to extend these positive effects if the treatment is repeated several more times. We offer 6 treatments to see the best results and offer maintenance treatments after you complete your initial (acute phase).
Is Ketamine Right for You?
The Ketamine Institute at The Burick Center may be a solution if you or someone you know is experiencing the following symptoms:
- Withdrawal from social settings and daily life experiences
- Isolating from others and non-communicative
- Lack of motivation and initiative
- Familiar tasks seem overwhelming and induce stress feelings
- Lost interest in things that make you content and happy
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
Package of 6 – $3,000.00
90 minute physician consultation for $500.00. Pre-screening required.*