The Burick Center Ketamine Institute in Central PA
Are Ketamine Shots Right for You?
The Ketamine Institute at The Burick Center may be a solution if you or someone you know is experiencing the following symptoms:
- Withdrawal from social settings and daily life experiences
- Isolating from others and non-communicative
- Lack of motivation and initiative
- Familiar tasks seem overwhelming and induce stress feelings
- Lost interest in things that make you content and happy
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
Our Ketamine treatments can offer immediate relief from emotional pain and hopelessness. The Ketamine shot infusions are effective in 75 percent of our patients, including those whose systems have failed to improve with pharmacological treatments.
Ketamine Shot Pricing:
- Package of 6 – $3,000.00
- 90 minute physician consultation for $500.00. Pre-screening required.*
*If you select an exclusive package, $250 of the consult fee will be applied toward your service treatment.
Medical clearance is required by your primary care physician and or cardiologist (if applicable).
Let’s Start the Conversation
Fully Compliant with Safe Administration
At The Burick Center Ketamine Institute, the administration of ketamine is under the direct supervision of a physician and certified nursing team. Using the highest level pharmaceutical grade ketamine while adhering to the full regulatory, polices, procedure setting and scope of ketamine administration. All ketamine administration is in full accordance and compliance with guidelines determined for safe administration by the Pennsylvania Department of Health.
The Ketamine Institute Experience
Our Ketamine Institute provides you and your loved one’s with the highest medical standards while delivering a customized and needs-based technique. We use delivery skills and protocols to ensure the safest and most efficacious outcomes in a comfortable, unconditional, and warm environment.
Free telephone consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for our treatment. Our team wants to make sure we are suited to provide the right environment for your treatment.
Monitored Through Treatment
You will be examined and monitored each step throughout the treatment by our certified providers. The duration of the infusion treatment will depend on your specific diagnosis
Determine Maintenance Plan
Following the completion of your infusion treatment, we will collaborate with your other providers. After the follow-up visit we can make a decision about your maintenance plan.
Schedule a Free Phone Consultation Today!
Contact us at 717.730.9000 to learn more about whether The Ketamine Institute is the right choice for you. We will ask you some basic questions which will help us determine if you are a candidate for Ketamine treatment.
The Science Behind Ketamine
Below is a featured selection of news articles and other valuable resources to help you understand ketamine therapy and how it has been used recently as a treatment for severe depression, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The nature of ketamine infusion therapy is under constant research, and is frequently written about, both in the mass media and in scientific journals.
Harvard Medical School
Ketamine for major depression: New tool, new questions
How New Ketamine Drug Helps with Depression
Yale scientists explain how ketamine vanquishes depression within hours
Massachusetts General Hospital
Ketamine May Relieve Symptoms of Treatment-Resistant Depression
U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
FDA approves new nasal spray medication for treatment-resistant depression; available only at a certified doctor’s office or clinic
National Institute of Mental Health
New Hope for Treatment-Resistant Depression: Guessing Right on Ketamine
Ketamine Reverses Neural Changes Underlying Depression-Related Behaviors in Mice
Ketamine Lifts Depression via a Byproduct of its Metabolism
Why is Ketamine Exciting For Treating Depression
If a person responds to ketamine, it can rapidly reduce suicidality (life-threatening thoughts and acts) and relieve other serious symptoms of depression. Ketamine also can be effective for treating depression combined with anxiety.
Other treatments for suicidal thoughts and depression often take weeks or even months to take effect, and some people need to try several medications or approaches to gain relief. This is true for talk therapies, antidepressant medicines, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), and electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), which is currently the most effective treatment for major depression that fails to respond to other therapies.
What Else Should You Know
- A much lower dose of ketamine is given for depression compared with the dose necessary for anesthesia.
- Like opioids, ketamine has addictive properties. It’s important to understand this when weighing risks and benefits. If you have a history of substance abuse –– such as alcohol or drugs –– it’s especially important for you and your doctor to consider whether ketamine is a good option for you.
- People who experience some relief from depression within one to three ketamine treatments are probably likely to extend these positive effects if the treatment is repeated several more times. The subsequent sessions may help prolong the effects of ketamine, rather than achieving further dramatic relief of symptoms.